Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#9158020 Feb 26, 2014 at 02:32 AM
Officer
112 Posts
Alright, since we all have played our fair share of games, and assumedly might have watched an anime or two, what are some of your favourite soundtracks from either?

For video games, I currently listen to a lot of the Shadow~Hearts OST, from like, all of the games. lol I mean, listen to this song from Shadow~Hearts II, and tell me that this wouldn't make absolutely awesome boss battle music in Realm Reborn! I keep wanting to make a Titan fight clip with that as the music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=irGCdR0rTM4

I also have the intros for every Suikoden game, and a little bit of Final Fantasy music from various games as well.

As for anime, I have a lot of Gundam Wing/Seed songs, as well as a metric ton of .Hack//Sign music. Seriously, that .Hack stuff is just too good, and hard to find a Japanese anime where the bulk of the music is English sung/Celtic-inspired.

Anyone else got any music they'd like to share?
"When men run out of words, they reach for their swords."
"Let's hope we can keep them talking."
+0
#9158955 Feb 26, 2014 at 08:23 AM
Site Adminis...
279 Posts
On Anime, one of my personal favs is Cowboy Bebop. The opening sets the tone for the show's music and none of the music disappoints...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto

As for games, all the Final Fantasy games, all the Souls games, all the Breath of Fire games, all the Suikoden games, Crono Trigger, Crono Cross, Xenogears, Digital Devil Saga, Persona games, Silent Hill games, Star Ocean Second Story, AHHHH too many to name!!!!
+0
#9817009 Jul 31, 2014 at 01:16 AM · Edited 8 years ago
Moderator
145 Posts
The lovely monstrosity that is the HUGE soundtrack of Final Fantasy IX. But my personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7BGnlTZmQ
SCH - 94, SMN - 94
+0
#9820074 Jul 31, 2014 at 05:53 PM
Site Adminis...
279 Posts
#9817009 August Flynn wrote:

The lovely monstrosity that is the HUGE soundtrack of Final Fantasy IX. But my personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7BGnlTZmQ



that is one of my favorie games in the FF series. I miss FF games like that.
+0
#9828930 Aug 03, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Moderator
145 Posts
#9820074 princessary wrote:

#9817009 August Flynn wrote:

The lovely monstrosity that is the HUGE soundtrack of Final Fantasy IX. But my personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7BGnlTZmQ



that is one of my favorie games in the FF series. I miss FF games like that.


Love it as well, and... if you miss classic Final Fantasy... You need to play Bravely Default. Here's my favorite track from Bravely Default(forewarned, it's amazing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBTIUzPpEQ
SCH - 94, SMN - 94
+0
#9834624 Aug 04, 2014 at 12:28 PM · Edited 8 years ago
Officer
112 Posts
Wow, I didn't know this suddenly got active again. lol Well, since I brought this to life, I mind as well keep it going!

The "brother and sister" songs of Shadow~Hearts: Covenant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seFe8nxig70 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es1uNda4p8o
"When men run out of words, they reach for their swords."
"Let's hope we can keep them talking."
+0
#9848919 Aug 07, 2014 at 01:20 PM
Moderator
39 Posts
I love soundtracks. I love Samurai Deeper Kyo, Final Fantasy VII Advent children, Pretear, and I could just go on and on.
+0
#9855404 Aug 09, 2014 at 01:11 AM
Officer
112 Posts
Not an OST; just an anime episode for August (and anyone else) to watch and see if they like it enough to watch the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDELyy1vCg8

Nanashi is a total flake, 'til you piss him off... lol
"When men run out of words, they reach for their swords."
"Let's hope we can keep them talking."
+0
#9859317 Aug 10, 2014 at 01:30 AM
Officer
38 Posts
#9158955 princessary wrote:

On Anime, one of my personal favs is Cowboy Bebop. The opening sets the tone for the show's music and none of the music disappoints...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto

As for games, all the Final Fantasy games, all the Souls games, all the Breath of Fire games, all the Suikoden games, Crono Trigger, Crono Cross, Xenogears, Digital Devil Saga, Persona games, Silent Hill games, Star Ocean Second Story, AHHHH too many to name!!!!



Wow, sorry it took me so long to find this thread Ary. I have to say that every now and again I'll set the opening theme of Chrono Cross on loop and fall asleep to it. I find it very relaxing.

Also, although not an opening theme, I'll fall asleep to "Corridors of Time" from Chrono Trigger.

~Baha

P.S. Cowboy Bebop.... never gets as much respect as it should.
+0
#9885252 Aug 16, 2014 at 08:21 AM
Officer
112 Posts
#9859317 Baha Sunfire wrote:

Wow, sorry it took me so long to find this thread Ary


Hmph! :(

Also, I realized I mentioned .Hack//Sign, but never put any of its music up. Sorry about that!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwJOyfmXj4
"When men run out of words, they reach for their swords."
"Let's hope we can keep them talking."
+0
Page 1